Director of Student Leadership and Organizations
Company: College of St Mary
Located in: Omaha, NE
Pay for Relocation:
Date Posted: 6/13/14
Security Clearance Needed: N/A
Job #: B5-311471-0
Director of Student Leadership and Organizations
College of Saint Mary/Omaha, Nebraska
The Director will be responsible for all aspects of a comprehensive program of student events that integrates curricular learning and student growth and development. Job responsibilities include providing a vibrant and educational program of student activities and events, coordinating new student orientation, providing resources and assistance to student organizations and their advisors, developing and implementing student leadership programs, and directly advising the Campus Activities Board. The Director serves an integral role in developing a positive and involved campus community to promote student persistence and success.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Serve as an educator, developing a learning-focused model for fostering the well-being and success of students on campus through programs and events.
• Plan both active and passive engaging educational programs for students to meet departmental and institutional learning outcomes.
• Serve as the advisor for Campus Activities Board (CAB), assisting them to plan and implement programs to meet students’ needs and interests and build community.
• Overall responsibility for Welcome Days in August, including the selection and training of the Student Orientation Staff (SOS) and planning for mid-year orientation sessions in January.
• Plan a monthly event to celebrate special recognition months such as: Hispanic Heritage Month, Native American History Month, MLK Jr. Day, Women’s History Month, and African American History Month.
• Plan and coordinate the spring Leadership Launch Program, a seven to eight week program for new and emerging leaders, with assistance from the Director of Residence Life.
• Serve as a resource to all campus organizations and their advisors and facilitating monthly president roundtables.
• Coordinate a Fall and a Spring Campus Involvement Fair to showcase student organizations.
• Plan Fall Events to enhance school spirit, such as assisting with Heritage Weekend and the Annual Powder puff Football Game.
• Chair the college-wide Service Committee, which is responsible for a Fall Service Event (i.e. Food Challenge) and a Spirit of Service Day in the Spring.
• Member of New Student Registration Days and Honors Committees, and other institutional committees as needed/selected. Work sometimes unconventional schedule including evenings and weekends to support campus programs and activities.
• Gather event information from student organizations and others and publish weekly one page “Student Snapshot”.
• Communicate and meet weekly with the Assistant Dean of Students.
Master's Degree strongly preferred in Higher Education, Student Development or related field and 2-4 years of experience in student involvement programs. Also need excellent interpersonal and communication skills, solid administrative and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, and commitment to developing programs based on learning outcomes.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is $35,000 to 38,000/year with a comprehensive benefits package available.
College of Saint Mary is located centrally in Omaha, the largest city in Nebraska. A growing city with metropolitan area population of 850,000 set among the rolling hills of the Missouri River Valley, Omaha is the home of five Fortune 500 companies, a world-class zoo, professional and semi-professional sports teams, and a nationally recognized community theater, ballet, and symphony.
If interested, please apply using the following link. Please put your resume, letter of application including letter of interest and names and contact information for three professional references, including a minimum of one supervisor, in one document before you apply. When the system asks you to attach a resume please attach the document that contains all of the above information. The system allows only one attachment.
College of Saint Mary is a Catholic university dedicated to the education of women in an environment that calls forth potential and fosters leadership. The University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Master's Degree strongly preferred in Higher Education, Student Development or related field and 2-4 years of experience in student involvement programs.
To apply for this job, click here to login or create free account.