Posted Date: 4/30/2013
Type: Regular Full-Time
Shift: Corporate - Day Shift
Job Location: US - MO - Kansas City
FLSA Status: Exempt
# of Openings: 1
This position is responsible for analyzing the supply chain, transportation and distribution network and developing recommendations for reducing freight costs, creating material efficiencies, and improving on-time delivery.† This position also establishes, maintains, and communicates statistical data on the tracking of product shipments, returns, and inventory.† This position requires knowledge of U.S. geography and transportation costing.† It also requires a knowledge of Hours of Service Rules as it relates to the legal driving time of drivers.
Review the Transportation Management System optimization solution and makes changes as necessary.† Cost and service are primary in this process.† Tender loads to least cost contract carriers, includes all customer and inter-company loads.† Search for new carriers that can bring value to Farmland Foods.
Address requests for late orders, changes to existing orders, stop changes, etc.† Seek additional orders to maximize truck weights.
Communicate with brokers and Region / Area Managers on service requests and issues.† Work with product schedulers on inter-company moves.
Daily maintenance of Manugistics (Transportation Management System).
- Associateís degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in transportation/logistics and 2 years experience and/or training in the transportation field, preferably the refrigerated segment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Bachelorís degree from a 4-year college or university in Business or Transportation is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, transportation rate structures and current trends.† Knowledge of meat industry desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet software, the Internet, copiers, fax, calculator etc.
- Strong leadership; oral and written language skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Farmland Foods is an EEO/AA Employer